This is a quick summary of what we know is going to be happening over the next month so listen carefully. You should all be aware by now that this month is a busy month for all of us staff and players as most of us have exams, e.t.c. and a lot of work this month is going to be planning for what we want next month but this is what we have planned for the month of may!
Gone will be fyreshaven and replaced with a new map, this new map is going to be extremely unique and fun for everyone but especially new players! This new map has been made with new players in mind so let me show you some of the features this new map has.
- An event tavern, event staff will host roleplay workshop sessions in this tavern where new players can join in and get to learn how to do roleplay like a boss! this is a big contrast to the current tavern as it will only be open when a staff member is present to help reduce the fighting and focus more on providing great roleplay.
- Mining Dungeons, bored of the same old vanilla minecraft mining? well you have all seen the new resource gathering system we have by now and this map will host many different mines with many different challenges form parkour, mazes and even boss monsters to fight with your friends!
- Small event dungeons, the map will also be host to goblin camps, witch huts, abandoned watchtowers and so much more where you will be able tog o and explore with your friends in roleplay!
- Amazing scenery, this map is truly amazing and a lot of effort has been put into designing it and the builds that have come with it, so come and enjoy the view!
- Lumber camp, a new lumber camp for you to gather the wood you need for your towns!
Release Date: 29th May
New Events Systems
Bored of not seeing any events? not sure what to do? well the staff are working on a system where you can summon an event to you! the basis of the system involves you submitting a helpop and asking for a staff member to summon a mini event but to really spruce thins up! when the staff member arrives they will do a natural roll, if we roll between 1-10 then you will get a hard event wheere your character will put to the test! however if you roll a 11-20 you could find yourself making a new friend, uncovering a unique lost artifact or even stumbling across an ancient city!
Release Date: 24th May
Requires new event staff to be hired!, if you haven't already make sure to submit an application if your interested!
New character sheets with traits and flaws system!
The current character sheets are great but ever wanted your character to be more defined? are you ever stuck on what to do with your next character? well our traits list will really help you with this, how about trying a character that is addicted to marley? or even a character with major paranoia? well the traits system will help you define your character better from the start and don't worry! as your character ages so will your traits! allowing you to add more traits as your character progresses!
Release Date: 24th May
Magic & Healing system
Continued work on the magic systems to make it easier for you to get involved! including faster mage list updates, some example spells to get you started and also a guide on how to track down teachers as well as a forum post for teachers to hang up notices that they are looking for students, but expect to have to pay a few gold coins for each lesson!
Release Date: 29th May
Changes to RPD enforcement
Resolving RPD cases is turning out to be almost impossible, the enforcement of these rules every time simply causes problems within the community and most of the reports sent in regarding these topics usually just end up being abandoned. The reasoning for this is that most RPD cases are based of opinion there is no right or wrong and nearly every case lacks solid evidence making it almost impossible to enforce. However, even with evidence with both parties fighting for what is right and wrong it will never bring a result both parties are happy with, as both opinions will mostly be different and therefore people ALWAYS feel wrongly warned when they receive a warning for these.
Release Date: Unscheduled
Released Roleplay Raids/Assassinations & Sabotages
with thanks to R_O_B_E_rt
Life in the Vale can be a bloody one. Some of the darker activities include the destruction of buildings and military installations, the capture of important political figures and the murder of high valued individuals.
These activities are performed by small groups or even lone agents against a settlement. These operations require a high level of stealth and subterfuge and are extremely risky to the agent(s).
Release Date: 23rd May
Your friend, Sam